Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Interning
Evergreen Freedom Foundation is planning a more organized summer intern program this year. It sounds like fun. I have to pinch myself to realize that I was an intern there almost a decade ago and, alas, have grown up since then. There were no classes in my day, but whenever no one could think of something for me to do I would read my way through all the back issues of The Freeman and further cement my radically libertarian 16-year-old philosophy.

Oh well, they may have classes but they won't get to live with Lynn, browse her library, eat her meals, and listen to Hans Brinker and the Silver Skates at night.

Next best thing to being an intern would be teaching the interns, but I'm too far away for that, either. One of the greatest joys of life is the joy of indoctrination. However, by that time this summer I should be starting in on a much longer and more intense indoctrination of my own personal student. What's six weeks compared to a lifetime?

No comments: