Saturday, March 08, 2008

I Feel Cheated

Having read The Long Winter many times, I have always wanted to experience a blizzard (from safe inside a sturdy, warm, well-stocked house). So today the news reports say we're having a blizzard.

This is no blizzard. Where is the black sky, the sudden impact, howling winds, electrical sparks, and snow so thick you can't walk to the barn? Where are the sub, sub, sub-zero temperatures? I can see houses all the way down the street and I've seen worse winds on a balmy spring day. The snow is getting rather thick, I'll admit, but on the whole I'm completely disappointed.

I want my money back.

4 comments:

SK: ) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SK: ) said...

Oh, I know what you mean! I've always wanted to twist hay for firewood and grind wheat in a coffee mill. Guess you have to live in Missouri to do that.

Mama Squirrel said...

This is enough blizzard for me. The snow in the back yard is over the seats of the swings and almost up to the branches of the apple trees. I feel like I'm trapped in a Susan Cooper novel.

Steve said...

Alright, alright. You can have your money back. But you got to keep all the snow.

Please come and get the portion that you have stored on the driveway.