Friday, March 10, 2006

This must be my lucky day!

This morning D2 was being suspiciously quiet. I checked on him. He was rolled on his side, contentedly examining chair legs, with a large, spreading stain on his backside.

I whisked him up to take him to the changing pad and discovered a very good reason for the blowout--his diaper was not attached. I don't know how that happened.

So I took the stained pajamas into the laundry and added them to the next load. I grabbed my trusty bottle of stain remover and started spraying them. It didn't seem to be doing much good, and it smelled kind of funny, but I figured I'd give them time to work and started switching the loads around.

My eye happened to fall on the bottle I'd placed on the freezer. It was a bottle of windshield rain repellent. Risking death from chemical mixtures, I promptly sprayed them with the right bottle. (They came through fairly clean and not particularly waterproof.)

DOB called a little earlier to say the reason his lunch bag was so light this morning was that I had forgotten to put lunch in it.

I'm glad I don't have to drive anywhere today.

No comments: