Wednesday, March 01, 2006

DOB Opines

QOC: You know that song that goes "Duh, duh, da-duh, da-duh-duh?" I found it online yesterday. It's called "Scotland the Brave."

DOB: That's a stupid name. Scotland isn't brave.

QOC: It's not?

DOB: No, Scotland is just a piece of dirt. Its only use is keeping Scotsmen out of the ocean.

QOC: I think it's poetic use of the language to indicate that Scotsmen are brave.

DOB: Then they should call it "Scotsmen the Brave." Now with "America the Beautiful," it's accurate, because America really is beautiful.

QOC: Even though many Americans are in fact homely?

Side note: Do you see our burgundy carrots? Do they look burgundy enough? I'm afraid I may need a different backdrop.

6 comments:

Devona said...

I don't think that they're quite burgundy. But they are lovely carrots.

Anonymous said...

You two crack me up.

le Duc said...

Hey, then we're even, Mr. Sappy. ;)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, but you have a head-start on me.

Carrie said...

Nope, not quite burgundy. But I agree -- they are lovely carrots, as carrots go.

Queen of Carrots said...

Carrots are always by far the handsomest vegetable around. These are technically called "maroon" but I thought it was astonishingly close.