Wednesday, June 29, 2005

New Love

Several evenings over the past several weeks, DOB has gotten home quite late. I know where he's been. He's been taking one of them out again.

He has their pictures stashed around the house. Every so often he gets them out and admires them, maybe even tells me about this one's or that one's finer qualities. But the truth is, I don't have much to say. So mostly he mulls it over to himself. When we're together in the evenings I've seen his eyes glaze over and known he was daydreaming about them again.

In typical form, he even made a spreadsheet comparing the good points and bad points of each one to decide which one was the most worthy of his attention. And finally, last week, he decided.

So this morning, after he kisses me goodbye, he'll walk out into the arms of a . . . cinnamon 2006 Hyundai Sonata LX. I wish them all the best.

And I'm looking forward to getting a ride. ;-)

No comments: