Monday, March 21, 2005

Staff Changes

Guest Post by D1

Everybody has a job to do around here. Mama does the Mama jobs: singing songs, reading books, and feeding us. Papa does the Papa jobs: inventing new games, helping Mama, and hiding in the garage all day to make money. I do the baby jobs: picking up lint off the floor, ripping off tags, and decorating with toys.

I thought I was doing a pretty good job, too. So I was a little confused when Mama and Papa told me they were going to get a new baby this fall. I know there's a lot of floor to keep clean, but I still thought I could handle it. Why did they need someone else?

Then they explained that in a few more months I wouldn't be a baby anymore. Once I figure out how to stand up and walk on my own, I'll be a toddler and have new toddler jobs to do. So they'll need a new baby to do the baby stuff. They also say that when the new baby is a little bit older, it will be lots of fun to play with, even when Mama and Papa are tired.

It sounds like it should be OK. I'll let you know how I like it. Anyway, it's still a very long time until the new baby comes--not until November, probably, Mama says, and that's farther away than I can think. Meanwhile Mama's been kind of tired lately, so Aunt Kristen comes to help a lot, and I always like to see Aunt Kristen.

No comments: