Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Relationship Rockets

A couple of Christmases ago, most members of my family received Finger Blasters in their stockings. (None of us have yet outgrown the conviction that Christmas means toys.) Yesterday, DOB got some out to enhance a battle he and his brothers staged at the park early in the day before anyone else was around to get in the crossfire. He also decided to look up where to buy them.

I read the description this morning. A "small but mighty tool to initiate and develop relationships with others?" "Instantly get[s] past the barriers of resistance and ambivalence?"

Can't people just make toys anymore? Must everything be a tool for manipulating other people?

Excuse me while I go fire my Finger Blaster at the wall and refuse to use it to develop a relationship with anyone.

No comments: