- Found the pile of things-that-need-to-be-sorted-through from when DOB's briefcase had gotten overloaded, which had partly slid onto the dining room floor, and dug through it.
- Fell down twice, with moderate degrees of emotional trauma, due to trying to walk without holding on to things.
- Did I know-not-what to the open bag of oatmeal that I don't have room to store elsewhere, because I didn't have the energy to get up and see what she was doing.
- Learned how to round the corner on the coffee table (a difficult task, because our coffee table has funny horns off the end, as if its great-grandmother was a pagoda) and walk down the edge, thus
- Was able to dig through all the miscellaneous stuff that needs to be put away on the coffee table, including several days' worth of semi-sorted mail, and throw it down on the floor for even easier access.
- Tried to grab an inadequately-sized end table for support, nearly sending a full glass of water down onto a pile of books and magazines.
I looked at DOB and asked, "Where did she come from?" What happened to the little doll we used to have? When did she get replaced with this marauder?
Yes, the house needs to be cleaned. Desperately. When you take first-trimester mess and add free-stuff-that-doesn't-have-a-home-yet mess and two-trips-in-two-weeks mess, it's a daunting prospect. When you all have colds, it begins to look impossible. And D1's ability to get into messes is growing faster than my ability to clean them up.
It's only been two days since we got home. Patience, patience.