Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Grrrrr

Yesterday I spent most of the parts of the day when I should have been Getting Stuff Done on the phone with Network Support, which is the intra-company tech support line, trying to figure out what was wrong with my password that was preventing me from logging in, but only on my own computer to the one particular thing I needed to log into.

Finally, after leaving messages and spending forty minutes solid on the phone with two different guys, one of them managed to do something that worked. He still wasn't sure what the problem was, or why what he did helped, but, hey! it worked. I was finally able to get in. Unfortunately, by that time, it was time to fix dinner and the like, so I couldn't do any actual work that day.

This morning I tried to get in again. I'm having the exact same problem.

Of course they're on central time and not open until D1 wakes up. And also of course, tonight they're going to shut down the entire system company-wide for a week to upgrade. So the data has to go in today.

I had a lot of more interesting jobs planned for this week.

No comments: