Sunday, March 06, 2011

Small Heresy

I am teaching the twins' Sunday School class, a choice that is probably ill-advised because:

a) I am pretty lousy with 2 and 3 year olds.
b) the twins are two-thirds of the class, and
c) they spend most of it fighting over my lap.

However, things are getting a little better, and today we actually had a pretty decent lesson about the Trinity. D4 was coloring a paper with a triangle on it, each point with a label of "Father," "Son," and "Holy Spirit." Then he turned it over and started marking on the back.

"Dis is God da Fadder," he said, pointing to his mark.

"OK," I said, pleased to hear the lesson was taking hold.

He drew another mark: "What's dis?"

"That must be God the Son," I said.

"OK," he said, and drew another mark.

"And there is God the Holy Spirit," I said.

He continued on, making a fourth mark. "What's dat?" he asked.

"I don't know," I said.

"Dat is God da Car!" he exclaimed in triumph.

3 comments:

melissa said...

LOVE it!

Mary Ann said...

This is so cute! My nephew at around age 4 (he is now 5)said: "Mommy, God is 4 persons. God the Son, God the people, God the Holy Spirit, and God the one who saves us from our sins!"

:-)

the Joneses said...

D4's Quadratic God was a big hit with my kids.

-- SJ