Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Solo Excursions

Last night I left my husband and baby behind and went out with a bunch of guys for pizza and beer.

I love doing things that sound scandalous.

Actually, it was our regular Young Republican meeting, but DOB was not feeling well. So, after considering that it was our annual election and attendance was important, we decided that I would go alone. As it happened, none of the other female members were able to make it, so I was the sole representative for gender balance. I also got elected secretary, which means it will now be my job to do the stuff I have been doing for the past few months. DOB is now treasurer, because we hope it will be less work than vice president.

Come to think of it, I don't know that anyone actually had a beer while I was there. (I didn't have anything, being too cheap to spend money on such luxuries.) Maybe the free refills on soft drinks were too attractive.

DOB and D1 survived just fine. D1 was starting to get fussy when I arrived home, but it turned out to merely be a problem of the diaper variety. (It was the first time I had gone out alone since I got married. I didn't much care for it.)

DOB is still sick, I presume, because he's been sleeping for eleven hours and is still going strong. This is the way he always handles illnesses--he just goes to bed and sleeps for twelve, eighteen, or twenty-four hours, depending on the virulence of the bug. He rarely has any other symptom, and he is never sick more than a day. It freaked me out the first few times it happened, but now I know to expect it and just go on with my business.

No comments: