Sunday, October 17, 2004

Animal, Vegetable, Mineral

For those really slow days at work, there's an online artificial intelligence game of Twenty Questions. It incorporates the information from every game played to help it guess in future games.

I was interested to see that the "breadbox" standard unit of measurement is being gradually supplanted by the microwave--which puzzles me, because I would have thought a microwave was quite a bit larger.

At the end of every game, the program posts the answers on which it disagrees with you. It said that when the item was "carrot" that the answer to "Does it bring people joy?" should have been "no."

I didn't think this was right. Carrots bring me joy.

But I've never heard anybody else use that question in playing twenty questions, anyway.

No comments: