1. Post the rules of the game at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
I was tagged by Wendy from Zoom Times.
What were you doing five years ago?
Five years ago I was finishing up my work at two different jobs (public policy research and teaching high school government) in preparation for getting married and moving across the country. DOB was across the country, trying to start a financial planning business. We didn't get to talk very much. It's nice to have him handier now--at least we can collapse in exhaustion together, even though we still don't get to talk very much.
What are five things on your to-do list for today?
1. Fix breakfast.
2. Fix lunch.
3. Keep the ducklings alive and reasonably happy.
4. Make sure the ducklings are ready to go to Grandma's house.
What are five snacks you enjoy?
1. Popcorn, air popped with butter and salt
2. Smoothies or popsicles made with yogurt and fruit
3. Banana bread or zucchini bread with cream cheese (Oh please, please, please. I've been craving this for weeks.)
4. Baby carrots
5. Graham crackers with peanut butter
What are five things you would do if you were a billionaire?
1. Buy an incredibly cool house.
2. Hire a garden designer to make an incredibly cool back garden with all sorts of surprises. And no mosquitoes. Or hardly any.
3. Hire a full-time housekeeper and maybe a gardener while I was at it.
4. Buy a second home on the Puget Sound and spend the summer out there every year.
5. Write books with DOB.
What are five of your bad habits?
2. Setting down books on their spines to mark my place (Evil, evil, evil. But I never can keep track of bookmarks.)
3. Reading or surfing the internet while I eat.
4. Ignoring everything around me.
5. Nit-picking the grammar and logic of perfectly nice and sincere people. (Not to their faces, of course.)
What are five places where you have lived?
1. Olalla, Washington
2. Olympia, Washington
3. Wilmington, Ohio
4. Loveland, Ohio
5. Cincinnati, Ohio
What are five jobs you’ve had?
1. Office manager for a homeschooling organization
2. Research analyst for a public policy think tank
3. Teacher at a Christian high school
4. Assistant to DOB in financial planning (Paperwork is NOT my thing, I discovered.)
Time to return to item number 5 on my to-do list, so I'll skip the tagging for now. Feel free to take it!