Friday, May 14, 2004

Household Mysteries

I was moving the load of towels from the washing machine to the dryer, when I found a paintbrush. A regular old scummy paint-the-wall paintbrush.

How did it get there? Where did it come from? What was it used for?

Fortunately I didn't see signs of paint all over my laundry, but it is still disturbing.

Another mystery, although perhaps not so deep of a one, is the bathtub drain. It seems to have been designed to catch the maximum amount of hair and then entangle it in such a way that it cannot be removed. Perhaps the purpose is to prevent the pipes from being clogged. But why should I applaud this endeavor when the effect on drainage is exactly the same?

Maybe it has a way to easily come apart and take the hair out, but the only sign I see is a big rusty screw in the middle that I don't have the nerve to touch.

No comments: