Wednesday, June 07, 2006

WFMW: Ziplocs in the Diaper Bag



Although this idea is most immediately relevant to people who have children in multiple sizes of diapers, the general concept is helpful for anyone who ever packs anything:

Use Ziplocs.

When D2 was born I started keeping one Ziploc of diapers and any other necessary changing apparatus for him, and a different Ziploc for D1. Thus I could see at a glance how many diapers of each were there. Two more bags held the spare outfits for each. Yet another bag for a snack, if needed, or for blankies and nursing drape, and not only could I actually find things in the diaper bag, clean things stayed clean. Also, if they were going to different destinations I could easily split up their supplies.

6 comments:

Carol said...

I'm thinking ziplocks are one of the more brilliant inventions of the 20th century. What on earth did we do before they came along?

Jennifer said...

Great idea! Things get so jumbled in the diaper bag. I've just recently started using a ziploc to put his toys in there. I'll definitely be doing this more as we have more children. Thanks for the tip!

Kari said...

I just started using ziplocs in my diaper bag! They are such a great invention! I like to keep an extra one in there for anything i might need a bag for!

Nettie said...

That is a good idea for keeping them split up. Thankfully, I don't have two in diapers. You're a trooper!

Glass Half Full said...

Ziplocks are my friend -- my BEST friend!!

Brenda said...

Great idea! Ziplocs are the best.