Monday, May 15, 2006

Speaking of Tenets

D1 is not yet up to reciting the key tenets of the faith, but she is acquiring an impressive knowledge of Bible stories. She loves paging through her picture Bible, reciting her own two-to-four word summaries of the Bible stories.

"Jesus make biscuits fish." (All Biblical bread products are biscuits in her terminology. I'm afraid this is my fault, but it's so cute.)

"Jesus sad." (Garden of Gethsemane.)

"Soldiers Jesus away."

"Jesus alive!"

Not only has she grasped that Jesus is the key character of the Bible, she seems convinced that he is the only character of the Bible. Thus, an earlier picture of the restoration of the temple remains, no many how many times I try to tell her otherwise, "Jesus makes table!"

2 comments:

Zippy said...

LOL. Does she also think you're the only person in the world who makes things? My oldest niece used to say things like "See the rainbow? Mama made it just for me!"

the Joneses said...

I've been laughing over this post ever since I read it. I'm not sure if it's the Biblical biscuits or Jesus-as-the-center-and-only of the Bible, but it's very funny.

-- SJ