This looks interesting. So I'm going to do it, too. And I'm going to do it here because nobody ever reads my blogs. Mainly because I never post on it/them. But I don't post because people don't read them. Etc. You get the idea.
1. What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before?
Wore shoulder-length hair. Other than on stage.
2. How did your goals for the year come out?
Didn't have any. Worked out fine. Of course, I wanted to increase revenue by 50% and pay off all my debt, but that was just wishful thinking (i.e., an obsession).
3. Did anyone close to you give birth or get pregnant?
Thankfully, nobody has given birth close to me for nearly four-and-a-half years.
A mansion in North Bend. A bed-and-breakfast in Port Townsend. A vacation cottage in La Push. A rental house in Moclips just down the road from where they train psychopathic cops to give low-overage tickets to mothers with small children. And a motel in Port Angeles with sticky-fingered staff.
5. Did you move anywhere?
Ditto QOC on this one.
6. What was the best month?
June 2007. This question is not appropriately qualified.
7. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
8. What date(s) from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 2. I have lost control of vehicles many times. I have been in multiple car accidents. But never both at the same time. Until that day.
9. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Voluntarily taking time off work for the first time since 2007. Five whole days off. In a row.
10. What was your biggest failure?
Working the first week of the two weeks I had scheduled for vacation. Then feeling guilty about being gone the second week.
11. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Let's skip this one.
12. What was the best thing you bought?
My Camaro. *sigh*
13. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Mine. And QOC's. We continue to slog along through life looking for a paved road. Or at least a path that isn't mostly sludge.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Vehicles. Fixing up the '77 Plymouth to sell. Buying a sports car. Fixing a wrecked sports car. Replacing critical components of the station wagon. Replacing a broken wheel on the sports car. Trading for a truck.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?
ii. richer or poorer?
16. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Time with kids.
17. What do you wish you'd done less of?
18. How will you be spending New Year's Eve/Day?
Wishing people would be quieter.
19. What was an unexpected surprise?
Ditto QOC on this one, too.
20. Did you fall in love in 2011?
I love QOC. I have fallen many times, but never in love. It sounds painful. I do not like falling. Falling is bad.
21. What was the best event you've been to this year?
I spend most of my time at events trying to fix or not notice all the problems in my surroundings.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Yes, Minister. And Yes, Prime Minister. I laughed 'til I cried watching those two. Apologies to Monk, which is likely the most helpful show we've ever watched.
23. What authors did you discover this year?
Jim Butcher. David Weber. Both great discoveries.
24. Random Memories from 2012?
Standing barefoot in the ocean. Finding a queen ant on my legos in my room. Creating killer backspin when returning a pickle ball serve. Driving with the wind in my hair and the bass cranked up.
Okay, now back to your regularly scheduled programming. And with good reason. I might post on here again in another half-dozen years. It only took me 45 minutes to get the formatting just right on this.