Tuesday, February 24, 2004

I'm posting online tests; how cheesy. But I was highly amused by the "Which Rule of Federal Procedure are you?" question. (I'm Rule 11, requiring proper investigation of claims before filing; DOB is the easy-going Rule 8(a), whose rule can be summed up, as in the poem I composed while studying these:

"In most states, or in federal court,
A statement that is plain and short
Of claim to ease the plaintiff's grief
Must show that he can get relief."

And then there is the one my weird aunt posted on Multiple Intelligences.

The Seven Intelligence Areas

Linguistic: 9
Logical-Mathematical: 9
Spatial: 3
Bodily-Kinesthetic: 6
Musical: 6
Interpersonal: 6
Intrapersonal: 3

A Short Definition of your Highest Score

Linguistic - the ability to use language to describe events, to build trust and rapport, to develop logical arguments and use rhetoric, or to be expressive and metaphoric. Possible vocations that use linguistic intelligence include journalism, administrator, contractor, salesperson, clergy, counselors, lawyers, professor, philosopher, playwright, poet, advertising copywriter and novelist.

Logical-Mathematical - the ability to use numbers to compute and describe, to use mathematical concepts to make conjectures, to apply mathematics in personal daily life, to apply mathematics to data and construct arguments, to be sensitive to the patterns, symmetry, logic, and aesthetics of mathematics, and to solve problems in design and modeling. Possible vocations that use the logical-mathematics intelligence include accountant, bookkeeper, statistician, tradesperson, homemaker, computer programmer, scientist, composer, engineer, inventor, or designer.

Observations:

1. I'm still not as smart, over all, as my weird aunt. However, I slightly outscore her on logic, which is probably what helps me survive when we debate.

2. The low spatial reasoning score can be testified to by anyone who has watched me park, which was a favorite form of office amusement at my former place of employment. Now it just causes DOB to despair as I can't seem to find the curb without running over it.

3. So homemaker is a prime career choice for us logical/mathematical people. I feel my self-worth growing already. Now I'll go use my logical and mathematical skills to figure out how to make one week's worth of groceries last two extra days and what portions of a wardrobe can be reconfigured to use on someone with ten inches more padding around the waist.

No comments: