Saturday, March 22, 2014

From the backseat: A lesson in patience

Deux: Arrrghhh!

Duchess: Stop that, Deux! You are so picky!

Deux: I can't help it, Dash is being so annoying!

QOC: What are you doing, Dash?

Dash: I'm putting on my coat.

QOC: Well, Deux, if someone is not trying to bother you and it won't cause you permanent harm, it's best to just ignore it. Life is much smoother that way.

Deux: I can't ignore it when it bothers me!

QOC: The trick is to think about something else. Like how many prime numbers there are smaller than 100.

Deux: How many prime numbers smaller than 100 . . . most odd numbers are primes . . . except the ones that end in five, like 15, 25, 35, 45 . . . .

Duchess: Arrrrrgh!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha. Except it's only kind of funny. Actually, it's funny only on a blog. It's no fair that the only person who really, truly exercises patience is the mom who has to referee all that.

-- SJ

Diary of an Autodidact said...

The fact that you have a kid who likes prime numbers is sweet.

Wendy said...

The "think of prime numbers" thing is BRILLIANT! I must try that!

Teaching kids what TO do in a difficult situation is the hardest part of parenting for me. It so much easier to tell them what NOT to do. Kudos!