Saturday, November 06, 2010

Just In Case You Needed It

Or perhaps I'm the last person on the Interwebs to discover it, but we just found a new way to waste time this week: Wolfram Mathematica Demonstrations. I came across it looking for a way to demonstrate the tides (after we nearly got sloshed by one that was coming in faster than we thought) and we quickly got hooked on all kinds of cool little free doohickeys where you can change This and change That and ooo! See what it does!

And it's got "Mathematics" right there on the top, so it's got to be educational, right?

2 comments:

the Joneses said...

I clicked through the link, saw lots of thumbnails with graphs and stuff, glazed over, and wandered away. But when I re-read your description, it sounds great. There's a disconnect somewhere that I haven't fixed. :)

-- SJ

Queen of Carrots said...

You have to start by searching for the kids' stuff . . .