Thursday, May 07, 2009
The Duke Turns 30
It happens to the best of us. And today it has happened to DOB.
We'll skip all the old age jokes, though. Old is always twenty years older than you are.
Here's a meme I copied from Chickadee awhile back, although looking it over it doesn't seem the right sort of questions to even ask about DOB. I was able to answer more of them than he could.
1. He's sitting in front of the TV, what is on the screen? If he must, sports. Or if there's a movie on that he actually wants to see, he'd rather watch that.
2. You're out to eat; what kind of dressing does he get on his salad? Viniagrette, on the side, and hopes they didn't sneak soy into it.
3. What's one food he doesn't like? Unseasoned navy beans. Don't get him started on this one.
4. You go out to the bar. What does he order? Water with a lemon slice. Or maybe a Sprite if he's feeling wild.
5. Where did he go to high school? at home.
6. What size shoe does he wear? Um, I got this right before and now I think I'm going to get it wrong. Nine and a half. Ish.
7. If he was to collect anything, what would it be? Legos. Of the castle variety. And he would display them on top of the china hutch until he ran out of room. Ask me how I know this.
8. What is his favorite type of sandwich? Reuben. (UPDATE: Actually, it turns out reuben is no longer his favorite; the current top would be something involving melted cheese and lots of other yummy stuff from Panera. That's the trick with DOB, he's not one to stick to one boring ol' thing as his favorite his whole life.)
9. What would he eat every day if he could? Fresh homemade bread and butter.
10. What is his favorite cereal? None, really. He's a protein kind of guy. Corn flakes would be all right if you served eggs on the side.
11. What would he never wear? Shorts.
12. What is his favorite sports team? Colts.
13. Who will he vote for? Whoever he thinks is least of a whack job.
14. Who is his best friend? Me
15. What is something you do that he wishes you wouldn't do? Drip egg white on the kitchen floor.
16. How many states has he lived in? Just Ohio.
17. You bake him a cake for his birthday; what would it be? Whatever I feel inspired to make that day, as he will have refused to offer an opinion.
18. Did he play sports in high school? Only ones that involved mice.
19. What could he spend hours doing? Daydreaming.
20. What's something cool about him? He always appreciates what I manage to get done in the day, even if it seems like nothing. He's always supportive.