- Waiter or, better yet, maitre'd at a five-star restaurant. (Elegant surroundings, great food, and you get paid for it! Plus, you can get away with acting snooty.)
- Bit part movie actor or chorus member in light opera/musicals. (Being a star would be too much trouble. But acting is fun.)
- Display designer at an upscale department store. (I love changing decor.)
- Designer of ad campaigns. (Really weird ones. Actually, this may not count because at my old job I occasionally helped design ads, including one starring DOB as a nerd.)
- Bed and breakfast owner. (In real life I would hate all the work. But the abstract concept is charming.)
- Teacher at an avant-garde school with complete freedom to choose my curriculum and methods. (Oh wait, that doesn't go on this list.)
So, what are your fantasy jobs?